The U.K. new-car market starts the year with January sales up a healthy 11.5% to 143,643 units. It was the third month of double-digit growth in the past four months and the 11th successive monthly rise. Releasing the figures, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders raises its full-year sales forecast for 2013 and 2014, citing the better-than-expected growth in 2012. The car market now is expected to rise 0.6% to 2.06 million units this year and 2.6% to 2.1 million units in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.