U.K. new-car sales rose 4% to 157,314 units in October for a 10-month total up 10.2% to 1,952,238, prompting the industry to raise its full-year forecast from 2.22 million to 2.25 million. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders also predicts the market will stabilize and grow about 1% in both 2014 and 2015. “With October new-car registrations up, we have now seen 20 consecutive months of growth," SMMT CEO Mike Hawes says in a statement. “These sustained rises ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.