Vehicle-finance fraud in the U.K. fell 6% in the second quarter to 184 cases, with 743 incidents reported by lenders over the previous 12 months. The Finance & Leasing Assn. says its members and their dealer partners prevented at least 1,760 cases of attempted fraud at the application stage during the quarter, helping avoid losses of more than £23.8 million ($37.8 million). The association says first-party fraud, including fronting, was the most common type of motor-finance ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.