Chinese auto maker FAW Group is ratcheting up its operations in South Africa and Russia. FAW Chairman Xu Jianyi says the RMB500 million ($78.5 million) truck plant announced for South Africa in March is to be expanded. The government’s Xinhua news agency quotes Xu as saying the plant, originally scheduled to produce 5,000 trucks a year, will be turned into an overseas manufacturing base with an annual output of 50,000 passenger vehicles. FAW says it is accelerating construction ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.