The dispute over union representation at Volkswagen of America's new plant in Chattanooga, TN, has become entangled in the auto maker’s plans for expanding production at the $1 billion facility, which now builds the North American version of the Passat. VWA officials say the plant was built with the expectation it would produce multiple vehicles, and they have proposed assembling a new midsize diesel hybrid-electric cross/utility vehicle dubbed CrossBlue there. VWA officials ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.