Ford Australia is preparing for life after the death of its local manufacturing operation. “We believe we can have research and development without manufacturing," President Bob Graziano is quoted as saying at the opening of a new virtual-reality design studio in Broadmeadows outside Melbourne. The studio allows designers to sit in a virtual car years before it is built. Graziano says the number of design staff almost has tripled in the past 18 months and the increase, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.