DETROIT – The auto industry will consolidate globally, not just in troubled Europe, as a means of survival, Renault-Nissan Alliance CEO Carlos Ghosn says at the Automotive News World Congress. “Certain things would have been unthinkable five years ago,” he says of Renault-Nissan’s and other auto makers’ partnerships in a speech. However, Ghosn says here Nissan and Renault, with 8 million units sold last year, have enough scale to avoid a merger or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.