TURIN, Italy – The Italian auto industry is skeptical about widespread media reports Fiat Group plans to invest between €1 billion and €1.5 billion ($1.3 billion-$2.0 billion) at its Mirafiori industrial complex for the production of the anticipated Maserati Levante SUV, and possibly an all-new Alfa Romeo SUV or sport sedan. Insiders say there is no need for another factory to reach the highly optimistic production (and sales) volume of 50,000 Maserati SUVs annually that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.