MUMBAI – After years of planning to enter India’s low-cost, small-hatchback segment, Volkswagen India and SkodaAuto India suddenly decide to delay two model launches by two to three years. VW’s Up! and Skoda’s Citigo, based on the same platform, were part of VW’s plan for a new family of small cars. Their scheduled display at the New Delhi auto show in January was called off at the last minute, and their 2012 launches now are on hold. The auto makers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.