Hoping to pump up sales, Oldsmobile Div. will offer a less expensive V-6 powered version of the Aurora when the redesigned '01 model goes on sale in the spring of 2000. Oldsmobile hopes to attract a younger base of buyers who typically would shop German or Japanese luxury sedans with the addition of its award winning 3.5L double-overhead-cam V-6 that was first offered in the division's hot-selling Intrigue. Company executives believe they can at least double sales from the 21,374 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.