General Motors Corp.’s Chevrolet Div. plans to offer more powerful versions of its Impala and Monte Carlo sedans for the ’04 model year, Ward's has learned. After rumors prove unfounded that the cars would get a V-8 engine, it’s become clear that GM has decided to supercharge one of its V-6s – likely the venerable 3.8L – to increase horsepower to between 240-280 hp, sources say. Torque will be increased, too, from 225 lb.-ft.. (305 Nm) currently to 285-340 lb.-ft. (386-461 Nm). There ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.