Ford Motor Co. continues to hold the lid on the specifics of its ’06 Explorer SUV, even as the launch date for the mid-cycle freshening is only about two months away. The updated Explorer goes into production July 18 alongside a freshened Mercury Mountaineer at Ford’s Louisville, KY, SUV plant. Job One at the St. Louis Explorer/Mountaineer plant is slated for Aug. 14. Ford officials promise an upgraded V-8, a 6-speed transmission, exterior freshening and an interior much like the F-150 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.