KINGMAN, AZ – A version of Ford Motor Co.’s existing 4.2L OHV V-6 will be the base powerplant in its next-generation F-150 pickup, the auto maker reveals. The ’05 Ford F-150 will get V-6 built at Essex Engine. Frank Davis, chief engineer of the new F-150 program, says model-year ’05 will see the redesigned truck’s base powerpack feature a 4.2L V-6 and a manual transmission. The engine will be built at Ford’s Essex Engine Plant in Windsor, Ont., Canada, Davis says. Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.