DURHAM, NC – The high-performance version of the Dodge Caliber small car, which arrives at dealers in October, will be motivated by a 285-hp mill, slightly below the auto maker’s target of 300 turbocharged ponies promised at the car’s unveiling at the 2006 Chicago auto show. “It was a real challenge for the guys to get (285 hp) out of the engine and that (kind of) power out of a front-wheel-drive car,” says Michael J. Accavitti, director-Dodge brand and SRT marketing, at a media event ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.