BAKERSFIELD, CA – Who says engineers are only good with numbers? When time came to sign off on attributes of the ’08 Chevrolet Cobalt SS coupe, product developers tapped into their right brains for just the right words to describe the bow-tie brand’s latest high-performance offering. “The tag line we came up with is, ‘One click below full kill,’” says Brandon Vivian, lead development engineer for the sporty coupe, which goes into production March 31 at General Motors Corp.’s assembly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.