DETROIT – If absolute power corrupts absolutely, DaimlerChrysler AG is guilty of absolutely corrupting everybody who has bought a Chrysler or Dodge product with the company’s new-age powertrain icon, the Hemi Magnum 5.7L OHV V-8. The Hemi Magnum 5.7L V-8 delivered 30,506 miles of power driving. And at the end of a year-long test of a Hemi-powered Ram light-duty pickup, the Ward’s staff happily counts itself among the masses corrupted by the 2-time winner of a Ward’s 10 Best Engines ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.