DETROIT – By the middle of September, General Motors Corp., Johnson Controls Inc. and Lear Corp. will interact with 10,000 of their suppliers with a standard communication tool that promises to be fast, secure, inexpensive and simple to use. Covisint Connect is a data-messaging service that could replace traditional electronic-data interchange (EDI) connections. The auto industry has used EDI for 30 years to communicate material release schedules and advance shipping notices from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.