CARMEL, CA — General Motors Corp.'s Oldsmobile Div.'s lighter, shorter 2001 Aurora — arriving at dealerships next March — offers V-6 power for the first time. Introduced in 1994 as a '95 model, the Olds flagship until now has offered only a 4L version of the Northstar DOHC V-8, which continues as the optional upgrade engine for the all-new '01 Aurora. Both engines operate on regular fuel. The 3.5L Twin Cam V-6, first developed for the Olds Intrigue, was a WEVTU “10 Best Engines” winner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.