WASHINGTON -- Lincoln introduces, at the Washington auto show, its new-generation Town Car to be built at Ford Motor Co.’s Wixom, MI, plant on the same line as the Continental and LS. Mike Reed, vehicle engineering manager for Town Car, says the vehicle took 24 months to develop from design freeze to Job 1, which is expected to occur in the second quarter of 2002. Volume next year should approach 60,000 units with 80,000 scheduled for a full year in 2003. Besides the new sheet metal, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.