LA JOLLA, CA – Curves! We have curves on a “utility” vehicle. Nissan attempts to take SUVs, CUVs in new direction—without third-row seating. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Darrel Ida, product planning manager for the all-new Murano cross/utility vehicle, says the Murano’s sleek sheetmetal is all about sending the message Murano isn’t a cookie-cutter SUV in the ubiquitous Explorer vein. “If it looks like a regular SUV, it is a regular SUV,” insists Ida. He says the SUV/CUV equation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.