SANTA BARBARA, CA – Land Rover North America introduces an "Americanized" version of the 3-door Freelander in a bid to maintain the "buzz" surrounding the hot-selling SUV, a brand executive says. The vehicle, set to arrive this fall along with the ’03 5-door Freelander, features a removable hardtop and characteristic Land Rover accessories such as brush bars. "We’re trying to put a lot of kit on it," says Steve McKnight, vice president and general manager-Land Rover North America. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.