DETROIT -- Engine sizes continue to grow in the middle range (3.0L to 3.9L) and low-end (4.0L to 4.9L) of the high range, while 8-cyl. powerpacks continue a long-term trend of increased penetration, based on Ward’s annual survey of engine installation rates of North American-made light vehicles for the U.S. market by model-year designation. The survey covered 13,316,295 ’01 models built for the U.S. -- 6,363,152 cars and 6,953,143 light trucks. It was the third consecutive year trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.