The BMW Group's Mini in a few short years has surpassed sales and production projections and paved the way for other auto makers' super-small cars. Mini production and sales are about two years ahead of schedule because of demand. A Southern California resident lays claim to the distinction of purchasing the 500,000th Mini made since BMW AG took over production in 2001. California is one of the largest markets (18% of sales) for Mini worldwide. More Minis are purchased in the state ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.