ASHEVILLE, NC – In order to get to market quickly, Saab Automobile is foregoing what has become one of its most noticeable brand traits on the forthcoming 9-2, a company spokesman says. The 9-2, a small specialty coupe based on the Subaru WRX made by parent General Motors Corp.’s equity partner Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., will feature its ignition on the steering column rather than on the console between the front seats when it goes sale early next year, a Saab spokesman tells Ward's here ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.