Maybe what this country needs is a good alarm clock – one so shriekingly loud that it blows you right out of bed. How else can you explain the widespread apathy toward the nation’s reliance upon foreign sources for 50% to 60% of its oil, especially from the increasingly volatile Middle East, making us vulnerable to all sorts of unpleasant scenarios. And if you think it can’t happen, remember 9/11. Ironically, since that infamous date gasoline prices actually have tumbled. Some canny ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.