AUBURN HILLS, MI – An Abarth derivative of the Fiat 500 will arrive in Chrysler Group LLC showrooms sooner rather than later. As Chrysler announces plans to produce Fiat Auto SpA’s 1.4L Fire I-4 for the 500, CEO Sergio Marchionne confirms a 170-hp turbocharged version of the engine will launch simultaneously, paving the way for the high-performance Abarth. The 500 is scheduled to make its North American debut in fourth-quarter 2010 – just 18 months from the time Fiat acquired its 20% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.