KIRKLAND, WA – The Acura division has been American Honda Motor Co. Inc.’s weakest link in this year of record sales for the importer. The luxury brand has seen sales fall 3.2% from 2002 levels for the year’s first eight months, despite the strong luxury-car sales climate. Competitors Lexus and Infiniti are up 39.2% and 4.4%, respectively, and BMW AG and Mercedes-Benz also have boosted volume. Acura is placing bets on its new TL midsize, near-luxury sedan to turn the tide. Bowing in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.