SANTA ROSA, CA –American Honda Motor Co. Inc.’s Acura brand plans to bring to market a new small car, a top official confirms. The auto maker dropped its smallest model, the RSX sport coupe, in the ’06 model year. “You won’t see it this year, (but a new small car) is a lot closer than 2016,” John Mendel, executive vice president, tells Ward’s in an interview on the sidelines of a Honda CR-Z media event here. More-stringent U.S. corporate average fuel economy standards take effect in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.