Acura admits it's a late comer to the luxury sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment party but says it has turned that fact into a gain with its new MDX. With three rows of seats, seven passenger seating, 4-wheel independent suspension and an ultra-low emissions rating, Tom Elliott, American Honda Motor Co. Inc. vice president, says Acura's SUV is a “step up” on the Lexus RX 300 and the BMW X5. Honda says it expects the MDX to score a quadruple 5-star rating when the government tests the SUV ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.