VAIL, CO — At first glance the new Audi AG Allroad looks like just another station wagon on steroids, one of a growing list coming from SUV-less automakers hoping to get a piece of the lucrative light-truck market. While some automakers pursue new customers with increasingly car-like SUVs, Subaru, Volvo AG and now Audi are chasing potential SUV buyers with station wagons beefed up to be more truck-like. Jacked up suspensions and macho-looking fender flares and body cladding are standard ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.