ELKHART LAKE, WI – With fuel economy showing up on even luxury-car buyers’ radar screen and government regulations ratcheting upward the world over, it’s no surprise Porsche AG engineers put as much focus on miles per gallon as performance in developing the new Panamera 4-door sedan. The German auto maker says it employed lightweight materials, advanced powertrain technology and a few aerodynamic tricks to wring out an extra 4.4 mpg (1.9 km/L) on the way to a rating of 16/24 mpg (14.6-9.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.