South Africa cars sales continue to see growth JOHANNESBURG — New vehicle sales in South Africa will top 15% growth this year and 10% next year. Experts say the increase is due to low interest rates and new models. Sales were up 17.8% during November compared to same-time 1999. Automakers still are recovering from the economic crisis in 1999 that saw sales fall 8% and interest rates increase 25.5%.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.