South Africa court sides with VW on firings JOHANNESBURG — A South African Labor Court rules that the dismissal of 1,300 Volkswagen AG employees due to an illegal strike last year was fair. VW says an order in January by the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) that the workers be reinstated caused VW negative publicity overseas. The workers will have the right of final appeal to the labor appeal court. Sales up in South Africa JOHANNESBURG — South African ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.