Needs and wants drive the automotive aftermarket. That simple truth has propelled it into a $185 billion annual industry that’s comprised of three large categories: accessories and appearance parts, performance parts and replacement parts. Although replacement parts accounted for about 85% of spending in 2002, sales of accessories and performance, or specialty, parts is the fastest growing segment of the aftermarket. A report by the Specialty Equipment Market Assn. (SEMA) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.