The different computer-generated product data systems used by auto makers and suppliers waste $1.4 billion annually in North America and $20 billion globally, says the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG). AIAG, a non-profit automotive trade organization based in Southfield, MI, ran a pilot program earlier this month using new technology that allows OEMs and suppliers to transmit previously incompatible meta-data between other OEMs or other suppliers. Meta-data is any data used to aid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.