The American Iron and Steel Institute at the consortium's general meeting Monday-Tuesday (May 14-15) in Washington will disclose two new UltraLight Steel Auto initiatives and announce online classes for engineers that AISI hopes will expand use of steel in future automotive applications. Surprisingly, AISI isn't expected to increase pressure on the Bush Admin. to initiate fast track legislation that would help struggling steel producers hurt by imports. “I kind of applaud the government ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.