Economic development representatives from 11 counties in Alabama have joined forces to build a “little Detroit” in cotton and steel country. The Alabama Automotive Corridor Alliance takes in an area with 1.7 million people and a Mercedes-Benz assembly plant seen as a catalyst behind Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s decision to make Alabama home as well. The 11 counties, in an unusual show of cooperation, have contributed to an initial budget of $70,000 to promote Alabama's fledgling auto industry. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.