TURIN — Wolfgang Egger, who styled the 156 and 147, has returned to Alfa Romeo as design boss. Egger replaces Andreas Zapatinas, who left suddenly 10 days ago after apparently disagreeing with Fiat Auto SpA’s decision to hand over basic design responsibility for a number of new Alfa models to outside designers. Alfa has confirmed that Pininfarina SpA beat out the in-house proposal for the new Spider. Egger first worked at Alfa Romeo in 1989 but 10 years later followed Walter de Silva, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.