TURIN — The first Alfa Romeo 156 GTA sells well before the car is launched next spring to a Japanese enthusiast who bid E48,691 (US$43,413) through an Internet auction site. The 10-day online event drew more than 20,000 people, with 50 total bids mainly from Japan and Europe. Alfa says it will donate the final sale price to a charity fund. The winning bid was made by Tadashi Sengoku, a Japanese doctor, 44, who lives in Tokyo. He already owns two other Alfa Romeos — an Alfa 164 Q4 and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.