TURIN – Alfa Romeo SpA is about to unleash the most ambitious new-model program of its 94-year history. Between 2004-2008, the Italian sports-car maker plans to renew it’s entire range; enter new niches – including a small cross/utility vehicle to take on BMW AG’s new X3 and a 400-hp supercar to rival Porsche’s 911 Turbo – and introduce a range of all-new 4-cyl. and V-6 engines. The strategy culminates in the surprise return to a front-engine/rear-drive layout for an all-new 167 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.