If you’ve ever played Jenga, the high-pressure puzzle-game that demands dexterity, logic and guts, you have a vague notion of the challenges facing stakeholders in North America’s auto industry. The rules of Jenga are simple: Deconstruct a tower of blocks, piece by piece, without causing a collapse. (And you can’t take from the top.) Substitute the blocks for assembly plants and you have a snapshot of today’s auto industry. But skyrocketing gasoline prices have introduced a cruel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.