Chrysler’s Crossfire rival for the Audi TT will not be built on the current Mercedes-Benz SLK platform, says Wolfgang Bernhard who ran AMG before becoming Chrysler Group chief operating officer. "We looked at it, but couldn’t use the SLK because the maximum possible wheel size is only 17 ins. I know, because at AMG we did everything to try and get the biggest possible wheels for the SLK, and 17s are as big as it can take. "There’s also the question of the exhaust system. The SLK’s exhaust ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.