LYNDHURST, NJ – The all-aluminum V-12 for Rolls-Royce’s all-new luxury Phantom is a formidable powerplant, an example of how the latest technologies combine to deliver brute force and excellent refinement. In the force part of the equation, the 453-hp DOHC V-12 can accelerate the upcoming new Rolls – which, despite aluminum-intensive construction, is working toward 3 tons – from 0-60 mph (97 km) in 5.7 seconds. The normally aspirated 6.75L 60-degree V-12 produces 531 lb.-ft. (720 Nm) of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.