The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says that for the first time all nine midsize vehicles it tested as part of its off-center front crash testing received at least a good rating. The nine ’02-model midsize sedans include the Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS 300 and ES 300, Acura TL, Saab 9-5, Jaguar X-Type, Volvo S60 and Hyundai XG350. The Camry, IS 300, ES 300, TL and 9-5 received IIHS’s “best-pick” rating, while the Altima, X-Type, S60 and XG350 received a “good” rating. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.