The alleged theft of Kia Motors Corp.'s advanced product design and production technology by a group of present and former Kia employees in South Korea may have a significant impact on Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., as well, Ward's has learned. A Korean public prosecutor's office says it has indicted nine people and arrested five for selling vehicle-production technology to a Chinese automotive-consulting firm, which in turn sold it to a Chinese auto maker that one Korean newspaper suggests is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.