The market for automotive aluminum is rapidly consolidating with word of two separate deals involving five companies. The first is a three-way merger between Alcan Aluminum Corp. of Montreal; Pechiney of Paris; and algroup of Zurich, creating the world's largest aluminum producer. The new company will be based in Montreal and will be temporarily referred to as Alcan-Pechiney-algroup (APA), a Canadian corporation with 91,000 employees in 59 countries and combined 1998 sales and operating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.