Automakers have called for the two industries to put a lid on public wrangling over future automotive applications, but the Aluminum Assoc. Inc. (AAI) nonetheless is considering increasing its marketing efforts in response to high-profile programs funded by the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). The AAI's ad budget is thought to be a fraction of the $20 million the steel industry is rumored to spend annually. Feeling threatened by automakers' desire to make vehicles lighter and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.