Last week's announcement of an official alliance between the Aluminum Assn. and the U.S. Council for Automotive Research (USCAR) may be the clearest signal to date of the major role aluminum will play in the design of the auto industry/government sponsored Partnership for a New Generation Vehicle (PNGV) prototype due in 2004. The initiative, called the “Auto Aluminum Alliance” will fall under the banner of the U.S. Automotive Materials Partnership (USAMP) research consortium of USCAR. It ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.