Exactly what should be done and how is debatable, but Bill Ford is right about one thing: America needs a comprehensive automotive policy. In a speech to the Business Roundtable in Washington last month, the Ford Motor CEO called for a summit of government and auto and oil industry officials to address the environmental, economic and competitive challenges faced by car makers and set policy to ensure the survival of American manufacturing. Just what the future is for the traditional ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.