American Honda Motor Co. Inc. is calling back 486,000 Honda Accord, Prelude and Acura TL models to fix ignition switch interlocks. Only models with automatic transmissions are affected, says Honda. Included in the call back are certain ’99-’02 Accords, all ’97-’01 Preludes, and certain ’99-’00 Acura TL sedans. Honda says some interlock levers may be improperly dimensioned, allowing drivers to turn off the ignition and remove the key before they put the vehicle in park. There have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.